How to Pack a Backpack for a Hiking Trip
It often happens that you are going camping, bought a good camping backpack, took everything you need with you, but during a walk, it becomes difficult for you to carry a backpack, your shoulders, or back hurt. Why can this happen? Everything is simple. The main reason for discomfort is incorrectly folded things in a backpack. In the beginning, we ourselves were faced with this situation. After we dealt with this topic, hiking began to bring maximum pleasure. And we decided to help you with this. Let's get started.
We hope that you already have a good thoughtful backpack for hiking. How to choose the right backpack, we will tell a little later. And now in more detail, we will consider how to properly decompose things in it.
Modern backpacks are equipped with a convenient backpack adjustment system for backpackers. It is necessary to tighten or stretch the harnesses of the backpack so that the backpack does not crush the back, but at the same time fits well to it. It should not sag, as this increases the load on the back. There is also a chest strap-lock, which helps to fix the backpack on the back and does not allow it to deviate to the sides. Also, backpacks have a waist belt that transfers part of the load from the back to the pelvis and hips.
The distribution of things in a backpack.
1. The heaviest things should be put under the back of the backpack, so the center of gravity of the backpack will be directed like your body and will not pull back or the other way.
2. At the bottom of the backpack should be placed voluminous, but not heavy things, such as a sleeping bag or warm clothes.
3. It is recommended to put all small and fairly light things on top of the backpack. Cups, dishes, photo equipment.
4. Food can be placed between the bottom and top. But evenly place the load, so that the backpack would not tilt to the side.
5. The karemat can be placed on the bottom of the backpack or on the side, but it is advisable to mix it on the side if you have a counterweight on the other side, for example, a bottle of water.
Thus, you will distribute things so as to maximize the load from the back and shoulders. It is also worth considering the angle of elevation in the campaign. You can loosen or pull up your backpack by adjusting your shoulder straps.
We hope that our practical knowledge will help you during your trips and they will give you maximum satisfaction.
Jimmy Rai is a life long adventurer and a long distance hiker. He can often be found in the expanses of Alaska, the Caucasus, North Korea and near the Alps. Rai writes about his experiences with gear he used at one point or another.
A little information about our partners: we try to provide truthful and reliable information to our readers. We do not post sponsored or paid, custom articles, and reviews. Referral links in articles and reviews are a way to get a small commission from partners. This review may contain referral links. This happens at no cost to you.